Move from ivolume to beatunes for normalisation

john160

17 May, 2020 12:38 PM

Hi, I've used ivolume for many years, but for whatever reason it's not working well anymore for me in itunes (Mac OS mojave). I hear that beatunes can do the same thing. Ideally I'd be able to reset all the ivolume info in my itunes files and run beamusic, but I can't find a way to do it (any ideas?). So just to check, if I want to move to beatunes for this reason, it it simply a matter of running it to replace the ivolume info for itunes sound check controlled playback, or are there any other steps involved?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 17 May, 2020 04:01 PM

Hey there,

yes, beaTunes can do volume normalization. There is a short step-by-step guide on this page. Does it answer your questions?

Thanks,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by john160 on 22 May, 2020 04:42 PM

Thank you for the response. Can beatunes bulk adjust all tracks in one go? When adding new tracks to iTunes, do you have to run it all again or is there an easy way to run just the new tracks?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 22 May, 2020 04:48 PM

Yes it can bulk adjust and yes, beaTunes can detect newly added tracks.

Check out the trial!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac