Help

Steve

09 Nov, 2019 03:53 PM

When I try to access help,I'm getting "Help viewer cannot open this content". I want to learn more on how to normalize my music with BeaTunes. I was using iVolume. iVolume is more straight forward. Bing all music to one level, then increase the db. How do I do that with BeaTunes?

1. If you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, please attach the log file 'beaTunes-logs-2019-11-09-105113.zip' by dragging it from your desktop onto the 'Attach File' button below.

2. Please enter your message to us here.

* beaTunes: 5.2.0
* JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 11.0.4-BellSoft+11
* Vendor: BellSoft
* Library: Music.app
* Memory: 92m - 1024m
* Registered as: Steve Fama

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 10 Nov, 2019 04:32 PM

beaTunes can analyze your music using different algorithms and target levels. The result is written as ReplayGain tag and iTunNORM tag to the files.

Bing all music to one level, then increase the db. How do I do that with BeaTunes?

beaTunes never changes the actual audio. Perhaps this is a misunderstanding?
    Can you please describe in more detail what you need?

When I try to access help,I'm getting "Help viewer cannot open this content".

That's odd. Perhaps a reboot solves this one, but I am just guessing.

2. 2 Posted by Steve Fama on 10 Nov, 2019 05:22 PM

This is what I have done:

Used iVolume to update my iTunNORM Tag using iVolume but WANT to use BeaTunes.

In BeaTunes.

How should I do the same with BeaTunes?

In the end I want to use BeaTunes for everything. I even promote BeaTunes in all my Facebook Music and Radio Groups. You have the BEST Tech Support. Like this email now, we are talking through an issue.

-Steve

----------------------------------------
    Steve Fama
    [email blocked]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 10 Nov, 2019 05:48 PM

I'm not familiar with how iVolume works exactly.

If you want to compute Track ReplayGain with beaTunes,

1. Make sure that Music/iTunes has SoundCheck enabled.
    2. In the beaTunes general preferences, make sure that "Embed non-iTunes/Music fields" and "Force overwriting" are both on.
    3. Select the songs you want to analyze
    4. Click on the Analyze button or choose Analyze form the File menu
    5. In the Analysis Option dialog, select the Audio Normalization task and make sure Track Replay Gain is checked.
    6. If you are not interested in Album Replay Gain, make sure to turn it off. It takes a lot of computation power.
    7. I believe iVolume only supports ReplayGain 1, so you should choose ReplayGain 1 as algorithm.
    8. Choose the desired target level. Looks like you want 90dB.
    9. beaTunes does not support an additional adjustment —frankly, I don't quite understand what that's for. Can you explain?

This procedure should ensure that the ReplayGain and iTunNORM tags are updated.

Does that help?

-hendrik

PS: I think I mentioned in another thread that updating to v5.2.1 may be a good idea, especially for ReplayGain tagging.

4. 4 Posted by Steve Fama on 10 Nov, 2019 11:08 PM

Should I run agents my Library?

Sent from my iPhone

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 11 Nov, 2019 07:44 AM

Should I run agents my Library?

Not sure what you mean. Autocorrection typo?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac