Where is the analysis files folder located?

Paolo

03 Nov, 2019 01:03 PM

Hi,

I am trying the trial version of Beatunes and I think I'm gonna buy it as it solves a lot of issues related to iTunes, but I'm wondering why after analyzing my iTunes library (more than 30.000 tracks) the almost 60 GB free on my computer SSD magically disappeared. Is there a Beatunes folder containing all the analyzed files and is that the reason why my computer has no more free space? What happens if I delete those files? Will the BPM tag on iTunes library disappear?

hope you can help!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 03 Nov, 2019 02:39 PM

The analysis results are stored in the beaTunes internal database in ~/Library/Application Support/beaTunes/Database/ (note that ~ is your home, not your base folder and that Finder hides Library from you) and potentially in the files themselves. It should never use 60GB!!

If the database file is very large, try restarting beaTunes—it may shrink. Also, if you have analyzed fingerprints, please take a look at https://blog.beatunes.com/2019/10/shrink-your-database.html

2. 2 Posted by P. A. Lodde on 04 Nov, 2019 08:01 AM

Hi Hendrik,

Thanks for your prompt answer. In fact the beaTunes database folder is about 500mb so nothing to worry about but I really thought there was something else generating that big amount of files.
    What are fingerprints?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 04 Nov, 2019 08:06 AM

In order to look up metadata for tracks without valid metadata, beaTunes can compute acoustic fingerprints to look up valid metadata. That’s those fingerprints.

4. 4 Posted by P. A. Lodde on 13 Nov, 2019 08:38 PM

Hi Hendrik,

I’ve purchased Beatunes but I can’t figure out how to inspect only selected files. Can you help?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 14 Nov, 2019 06:02 AM

Hey there,

Inspection is never file specific—largely because the goal of inspection is to name things the same way in the whole collection.

If inspection takes too long, try disabling some inspectors you are not interested in.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac