Removing duplicate songs with beatunes

Scott Ullrich

14 Apr, 2011 02:49 PM

Hi,

I recently purchased beatunes and ran it across my entire Library. I can see duplicates in the list of files inside beatunes.

How can I instruct beatunes to delete duplicate songs?

Thanks in advance

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 14 Apr, 2011 06:43 PM

Hi,

please run the Inpection - it will show files beaTunes thinks are duplicates and offer solutions for the "problem".

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by amabrocopop on 16 Apr, 2011 10:45 PM

i have run the inspection and applied the changes. it deleted about 25 gigs of duplicates but there is still more, Itunes it still showing over 2000 duplicates i can see the duplicates in the betunes library. any ideas?
    i am using beatunes 2.1.19 mac osx 10.6.7 there are over 25000 songs in the library.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 17 Apr, 2011 08:55 AM

Hi,

beaTunes does not regard songs as duplicates when their lengths are too different = perhaps that is why beaTunes does not show them. Or perhaps the spelling is slightly different. Can you give a complete example (with duration, album, artist, title) for two songs that beaTunes does not recognize as duplicates?

-hendrik

PS: You can also use the "Lookup MusicIP PUIDs" tool from the Tool menu and then re-run the duplicates inspection. It will then also recognize songs as duplicates that have the same PUID (a unique identifier, regardless of title etc.).

4. 4 Posted by Bill Parkinson on 31 Jan, 2018 08:02 PM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Removing duplicate songs with beatunes

How can I get Beatunes to ignore duplicates on different albums?

5. hendrik closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2018 05:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac