Library scrambled

Lasse

06 Sep, 2019 07:53 PM

I used BeaTunes for BPM estimation and that worked fine.

Some time ago I dared to try out more functions, e. g. the "import metadata" and "replace existing metadata" ouch function.
Unfortunately, I did not read the tips before using this function and my library got scrambled, like Albums are no longer complete.

The only thing the songs have in common is the album cover art. Is there a way to implement a new "Inspect Metadata filter" like "same album cover art" or to implement a sort/group filter like that in the "Mediathek" view? That way I will be able to visually recognize the album titles and can correct wrong entries.

Regards,
Lasse

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 09 Sep, 2019 06:37 AM

Hey Lasse,

sorry you got your library scrambled. :-/

Finding tracks with the same artwork is an interesting idea. For identical artwork this is certainly possible with a bit of programming work—though the process may not be fast.

Do you know how to code?

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Lars Kappenberg on 09 Sep, 2019 07:59 AM

Hi Hendrik,

Yes. I do. An idea would be to compute and store a hash value of the PIC flag of the ID3?

I would suggest a new column in the Mediathek/Library pane (Cover Art hash) and make it sortable. Voila, titles having the same art can be sorted and identified.

And an ability to corrected (that would be a nice feature for besTunes as well).

Regards,
    Lars

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 09 Sep, 2019 08:06 AM

Yes. I do. An idea would be to compute and store a hash value of the PIC flag of the ID3?

That's exactly what I was thinking!

I would suggest a new column in the Mediathek/Library pane (Cover Art hash) and make it sortable. Voila, titles having the same art can be sorted and identified.

At the moment I don't see this as a full feature for beaTunes (sorry!).

But you can implement this yourself fairly quickly, by creating a beaTlet that computes the hash and stores it in one of the extra fields, e.g. Custom1.

Something like this for all tracks:

Image image = song.getImage();
    if (image != null) {
        String hash = createHash(image);
        song.setCustom1(hash);
    }

Doing this is fairly easy with a LibraryBatchAction within the process(song, index) function/method.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac