FLAC? Traktor integration?

bhavya

15 Aug, 2019 01:47 PM

Hello,

I am trying to find out if BeaTunes works with FLAC files. I am looking for an itunes alternative and I know that itunes does not recognize FLAC files.

Also, how does beatunes integrate with traktor and other DJ software?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Bhavya*

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 16 Aug, 2019 10:44 AM

Hi,

Yes, beaTunes works with FLAC.
    What kind of Traktor Integration are you looking for?

Cheers,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Bhavya Jessica ... on 16 Aug, 2019 11:04 AM

Hello Hendrik,

Great! I have been so fed up with itunes and how clunky it has become! And I am really looking for an alternative for my music organization. Having all file formats supported makes a big difference, and have it be independent of itunes is great, too.

So far one can see itunes in Traktor 3, but one has to important playlists. Is it possible to visualize beatunes in the same way?
    For now, I wasn’t even thinking as far as importing other fields/tags (since traktor has its own key/bpm analysis), etc. - but if that is possible, that would be helpful. :)

Since I prelisten to a lot of my music on my iphone, is there a version of beatunes for iOS, too? Or would I need another app for that and how does that integrate?

Thank you for all your assistance!
    I’ll give it whirl!

Best, Bhavya*

3. 3 Posted by Patch on 18 Aug, 2019 03:47 PM

What do you mean by Traktor integration, mate?

Hendrik has helped me with some work on that - but what is it exactly that you want to “integrate”?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 18 Aug, 2019 07:06 PM

So far one can see itunes in Traktor 3, but one has to important playlists. Is it possible to visualize beatunes in the same way?

That sounds like you're interested in integration "the other way around". I.e. beaTunes integration in Traktor, not Traktor integration in beaTunes.

beaTunes integration in Traktor is something Native Instrument would have to deliver.

That said, beaTunes can embed key, BPM, etc. values in audio files and Traktor can read those. You can also export playlists from beaTunes (via right-click on playlists) and import them in Traktor.

Since I prelisten to a lot of my music on my iphone, is there a version of beatunes for iOS, too?

No, unfortunately there is no beaTunes for iOS.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

5. 5 Posted by Patch on 19 Aug, 2019 08:27 AM

Interesting idea with the iOS version...

I’ve never found a way to add tags to music “on the go”.

I’d love to be able to listen to music on my iPhone, update tags on my iPhone, then have that information sync up with my BeaTunes music collection when I’m back in my home network.

I doubt very much that this is possible - but I KNOW it would be a MASSIVE game changer for DJ’s and music collectors/fanatics everywhere...

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 19 Aug, 2019 12:22 PM

Interesting idea with the iOS version...

The problem is that iOS does not allow Java (thanks, Apple!), which means an iOS version would be a complete rewrite, which I unfortunately don't have the resources for.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac