KEYS

Rob

01 Mar, 2011 06:26 PM

Is it possible to show what tracks are compatible with each other after they have been anylized, by that i mean 'in key' for harmonic DJ mixing?

example clicking on a track in the library highlighting it then other tracks also go highlighted or maybe go bold so it shows there in key?

Thanks

• beaTunes: 2.1.18
  • JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
  • Version: 14.3-b01-101
  • Vendor: Apple Inc.
  • Registered as:
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 01 Mar, 2011 11:44 PM

Hi,

you can go to the preference pane and create a new rule set in the song matching section that only has one rule - i.e. the key rule. Then make sure the match table is visible in the main user interface (Edit -> Show Matching Songs). When you select a song in the main view, it will show other songs that are in either the same key or a matching key. You might also have noticed the little tick mark in the key coloring. Ticks in similar positions usually indicate matching songs.

Hope this answers your question,

-hendrik

PS: beaTunes 3 will have a built in filter to just show certain harmonic matches in that match table.

2. 2 Posted by Rob McAllister on 03 Mar, 2011 07:01 PM

Thanks for they reply, one more thing,

in the key column, where it has the coloured dial and the key note next to it, can the note be changed to show the position in Camelot's wheel instead?

example:

B would show as 2A in the column rather than B?

Many thanks Hendrik

*Sent via Apple® MacBook Mail*

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 04 Mar, 2011 11:04 AM

I could easily be changed - however MixedInKey requires me to license that notation, which is why I'm not showing it.

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by Rob McAllister on 04 Mar, 2011 12:16 PM

OK,

I have both mixed in key and obviously beaTunes and I found beaTunes much better overall being so similar to itunes in appearance and how it links, if it had that one small change I think it would definitely be the better of the 2 programmes.

- Rob

*Sent via Apple® MacBook Mail*

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac