Color

Pedro

14 May, 2019 01:04 PM

Hi,

Just started using BeaTunes recently and I've been reading through help and FAQs, but I can't quite grasp some concepts. Firstly, does this work with iCloud Music Library at all, or are all my changes lost after I restart iTunes, or somewhere along the line? Because I keep getting errors that the files are not writable and information may be lost.

Secondly, BeaTunes doesn't seem to compute color for any song, making it very weak to build playlists which end up basically just being the discography of whatever artist I started with.

Sorry if I'm repeating older questions, I did search, but couldn't find my exact concerns.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 14 May, 2019 01:21 PM

Hey Pedro,

Firstly, does this work with iCloud Music Library at all, or are all my changes lost after I restart iTunes, or somewhere along the line?

beaTunes only works well on local files, not on iCloud or Apple Music files. Apple has so far chosen not to publish suitable programming interfaces for either of these cases. One might assume, Apple is interested in vendor lock in.

Secondly, BeaTunes doesn't seem to compute color for any song, making it very weak to build playlists which end up basically just being the discography of whatever artist I started with.

Are you trying this on local files? What did you try and did you see any error messages?

Cheers,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Pedro on 14 May, 2019 01:53 PM

Well, I guess the local files thing explains it. I have my entire library on iCloud, especially because I move between computers a lot, making it much easier to have a centralized library online, rather than several local ones.

Oh well, I guess, I'll use BeaTunes to get BPM for songs.

Thanks for answering quickly, I get the limitation. I wish Apple was more flexible in these things.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 14 May, 2019 02:26 PM

If you find that beaTunes is not for you.. -> https://www.beatunes.com/en/beatunes-refund.html

4. 4 Posted by Pedro on 14 May, 2019 02:28 PM

Oh no! No, I like it, even if I can't fully use its capabilities, it's still useful as it stands, and I might just revert to a local library to further take advantage.

Thank you!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 14 May, 2019 02:53 PM

Oh no! No, I like it, even if I can't fully use its capabilities, it's still useful as it stands, and I might just revert to a local library to further take advantage.

😃

Just wanted to make sure you are aware of the policy.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac