Creates folders for each song

dj

21 Mar, 2019 11:14 PM

Hi;
I was looking for a quick way of analyzing the songs (It would take 6 1/2 days to analyze my whole library) so I figured that by importing Serato's Crates half of the job would be done, but while testing my theory, BT created a folder for each song int the MUSIC folder.
Is there a way of avoiding this?

Kind regards

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 23 Mar, 2019 08:54 AM

Hey,

by importing Serato's Crates half of the job would be done

I'm sorry, but I have trouble following: Why would importing tracks from a crate analyze songs?

while testing my theory, BT created a folder for each song int the MUSIC folder.

I guess you are using a folder-based library. beaTunes' concept of such a library is that all tracks are stored in files/directories within/below a base folder. Therefore, when you are importing a track from somewhere else, it creates a copy of that file within the base folder. And in order to create a structure that makes at least a little sense, it uses your existing album and artist names as folders.

A better way of importing only part of your library (how many songs?), might be to point beaTunes to a different, suitable base folder. You can do so by creating a new folder-based library (File menu). You can switch back to another library in the general preferences.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by dj on 28 Mar, 2019 09:17 AM

Im so sorry, I didnt see this reply...
    Songs wise, around 170k (yes, I know Im a digital hoarder ;))... so this would take a full week to analyze the whole library; hence being very impractical...
    I'll try your suggestion
    Many thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 28 Mar, 2019 09:23 AM

importing and analyzing are two very different things.

I.e. you can ask beaTunes to import your whole library (though, I have to say 170k won't be much fun) and then only analyze parts of it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac