What beaTunes can change

Jan Edwards

15 Feb, 2019 08:20 PM

Hi Hendrik

On the attached screenshot you'll see under 'album' that Now Compilations includes a number of tracks - but I'm sure that some songs are not located on this album - maybe something I labelled a while ago to put 'something' under the album heading.

For instance, BT album info for 'Hurt So Good' shows Footloose, which I think is correct - so it seems that beatunes has all the info needed to make corrections

Question : bearing in mind that there are a number of things that need correcting:

Getting rid of the Numbering under Name
Filling in the artist info
Changing the Album info as needed

What can beaTunes handle here and is it just by running analysis/inspection? Do I run it on the whole Library or can I run it on specific files when I come across area like that shown. Or do I need to tell BT to work in a different way?

I've run A/I earlier and these things were not altered.

Guidance please!

Many thanks
Jan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 16 Feb, 2019 12:57 PM

• Getting rid of the Numbering under Name

That may be possible with the appropriate inspector or by choosing replace just the title in the analysis task Import Metadata. Your mileage will vary. Always be very careful when letting beaTunes replace metadata via analysis. Restrict this to tracks that you feel certain have wrong information in them.

• Filling in the artist info

Try the analysis task Import Metadata for these tracks with find missing artist enabled. Again, only enable stuff that you really want.

• Changing the Album info as needed

This is super tricky, as many songs have been released on multiple albums. So there is not necessarily a right answer to what album name you want. Your best choice may be to manually change the album name in the table view. If you don't know what the right album name might be, try Get Info and then slightly modify the spelling of the album name in the Info tab. Then right-click to see options.

For instance, BT album info for 'Hurt So Good' shows Footloose, which I think is correct - so it seems that beatunes has all the info needed to make corrections

The data you see in the Album Info panel is not easily importable as it is unstructured. And again, there may be multiple correct answers.

I've run A/I earlier and these things were not altered.

Inspection itself does not alter anything. It just gives you options and what analysis does depends very much on how you configure it.

2. 2 Posted by Jan Edwards on 17 Feb, 2019 03:19 PM

Hi Hendrix

Useful information you gave - thanks!

Using your advice....
    Getting rid of the Numbering under Name - no success on this one.
    Filling in the artist info - works well most of the time :)
    Changing the Album info as needed - works well most of the time :)

Thanks again

Jan

3. hendrik closed this discussion on 25 Feb, 2019 10:21 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac