renaming

Andrew Daws

23 Jan, 2019 09:15 AM

I have an album called Berstein Candide. All of the songs have Bernstein: Candide, operetta in 2 acts (Scottish opera or final revised version) - . I would like to remove the whole long version, but it seems to offer to remove only the short version. How can I edit the text to remove?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 23 Jan, 2019 10:44 AM

Hey Andrew,

can you please elaborate what exactly you are doing with beaTunes? Are you using the inspection facility? Perhaps post a screenshot that illustrates the issue?

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Andrew Daws on 23 Jan, 2019 01:40 PM

I was planning to rename them in the Finder, but was warned that that would confuse iTunes. I have a number of albums which, when I play them on my phone, show only the Album name, not the track name. It is easy to remove the “Bernstein Candide”, as that is what the album is called, but not the rest. I tried renaming them in iTunes so the album name was the long version, but beaTunes didn’t notice. Is there some way to get it to retest one folder? Refresh didn’t do it.

--
    Andrew Daws 07976 401722 http://www.androcles.co.uk
    Androcles Consultants 15 Midholm, Wembley, HA9 9LJ

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 28 Jan, 2019 07:08 AM

I was planning to rename them in the Finder, but was warned that that would confuse iTunes.

That was good advice.

I tried renaming them in iTunes so the album name was the long version, but beaTunes didn’t notice. Is there some way to get it to retest one folder? Refresh didn’t do it.

Did you try File -> Synchronize?

4. 4 Posted by Andrew Daws on 28 Jan, 2019 06:34 PM

Thanks. I ended up deleting Candide, thinking I could get it again from Apple Music, but it’s not there. Hmm. Never mind. My collection is all tidy now. Thanks.
    --
    Andrew Daws 07976 401722 http://www.androcles.co.uk
    Androcles Consultants 15 Midholm, Wembley, HA9 9LJ

5. hendrik closed this discussion on 29 Jan, 2019 07:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac