Why do tracks show as continuous in beatunes and then vanish

85ppakw

22 Jan, 2019 03:29 AM

When creating a playlist I've noticed a few tracks are showing as continuous and when I update the screen, they're gone..I can't put them back. What causes this. Not from Itunes or any other associated app, just moving from a folder to beatunes

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 22 Jan, 2019 05:43 AM

You mean you drag tracks from outside of beaTunes to beaTunes? Is there anything special about those tracks? I.e., a specific format?

2. 2 Posted by 85ppakw on 29 Jan, 2019 03:14 AM

Yes, from a folder onto Beatunes. As far as I'm aware there is nothing special about the tracks. I've checked, not read only etc.

On 22/01/2019 4:43 pm, hendrik wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

You mean you drag tracks from outside of beaTunes to beaTunes? Is there anything special about those tracks? I.e., a specific format?

On Mon, Jan 21 at 07:29 PM PST, 85ppakw wrote:

When creating a playlist I've noticed a few tracks are showing as continuous and when I update the screen, they're gone..I can't put them back. What causes this. Not from Itunes or any other associated app, just moving from a folder to beatunes

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Why do tracks show as continuous in beatunes and then vanish.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://help.beatunes.com, visit this page

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 29 Jan, 2019 06:57 AM

What kind of library do you use? iTunes-based or folder-based?

4. 4 Posted by 85ppakw on 01 Feb, 2019 12:23 AM

Hi, folder based, not an iTunes fan. Only happens on tracks from the one album, so got a feeling it's got something to do with that. Could be the it was taken from the original CD, Which I have. I might have to re rip it from the cd and see if there's something there that should be ticked or unticked.

Regards
    Wayne

---- hendrik wrote ----

>// Please reply above this line
    >==================================================
    >
    >From: hendrik (Support staff)
    >
    >What kind of library do you use? iTunes-based or folder-based?
    >
    >
    >
    >View this discussion online: http://help.beatunes.com/discussions/questions/11143-why-do-tracks-show-as-continuous-in-beatunes-and-then-vanish
    >
    >
    >
    >On Mon, Jan 28 at 07:14 PM PST, 85ppakw wrote:
    >> <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Yes, from a folder onto Beatunes. As far as I'm aware there is nothing special about the tracks. I've checked, not read only etc.<br></div>
    >> <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br></div>
    >> <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 22/01/2019 4:43 pm, hendrik wrote:<br></div>
    >> <blockquote type="cite">pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }
    >> <table width="100%">
    >> <tr>
    >> <td>

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 01 Feb, 2019 12:45 PM

Hi,

sometimes when people use a folder-based library they struggle with beaTunes' concept of what that means. There is a good explanation https://blog.beatunes.com/2015/01/different-libraries-for-different... and I highly recommend reading that article (at least the part about folders).

Typically, to add tracks to a folder-based library, you simply place the tracks somewhere under the base folder and then synchronize (e.g. vi at the File menu). Then beaTunes should pick up the new tracks.

When dragging tracks from outside the base folder into beaTunes, beaTunes will create copies of those files in the base folder.

So please try adding your tracks by simply placing them somewhere under your collection's base folder and sync. They should then show up, unless the file format is not supported.

If this does not fix the issue, please drag the files again into beaTunes, wait for them to disappear and then upload a fresh set of logs via Help -> Upload Logs.

Thank you,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac