BEATUNES 64 bits

MOURIER Anonymous

13 Nov, 2018 07:47 AM

1. Si l'application est tombée en panne ou si vous avez rencontré un autre comportement anormal, veuillez joindre le fichier journal 'beaTunes-logs-2018-11-13-083426.zip' en le faisant glisser à partir de votre bureau sur le bouton 'Joindre Fichier' ci-dessous.

2.I just bought beaTunes5, installed in French (I'm French) and the purchase went well.
On the other hand, despite an extensive computer experience since 1980, I am totally unable to understand how to handle beaTunes5. What I want is to open an MP3 or MP4 file and find the tone of the sound: that's why I bought beaTunes5; the other functions will be less useful to me.

How to do this simple maneuver: open an MP3 or MP4 file and find the tone of the music (C, D, etc.?

In the help of beaTunes, you write: "Select the tracks you want to analyze and click the Analyze button". My problem is that I do not even understand how to select the pieces I want to analyze; how to get them into beaTunes5?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Reading only French, I use GOOGLE TRANSLATION to understand.

* beaTunes: 5.1.11
* JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 25.181-b13
* Fournisseur: Oracle Corporation
* Médiathèque: FileSystem
* Mémoire: 92m - 640m
* Enregistré comme: MOURIER Anonymous

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 13 Nov, 2018 03:48 PM

Dear Mourier,

beaTunes is not designed to open individual files, it is meant to manage a whole library. When you first started it, you were asked to specify a base folder, under which all your music files reside. Then beaTunes read data about all those files and displayed them in the main table. When you want to analyze a file for tonal key, you have to select it in the main beaTunes table and choose analyze.

Is the problem perhaps that you cannot find your files in that beaTunes table? Not even with searching? Perhaps you have given beaTunes a base folder name that does not contain your music files?

Thanks,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac