Preserve comment field

Chris

21 Oct, 2018 06:42 PM

I have invested many hours over many years into my comments fields. Is beatunes able to concatenate to them or store everything elsewhere (where Serato can pick them up)?
Thaniks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 21 Oct, 2018 07:59 PM

Unless you tell beaTunes to manipulate the comment fields, it does not touch them.
    To be honest, I'm not sure I fully understand your question/use case. Could you please explain in more detail?!

2. 2 Posted by Chris P on 21 Oct, 2018 08:02 PM

Huge thanks Hendrik, that answers most of my query. beaTunes extracts color, dancability, etc, as well as BPM and so on - is there a way I can get beaTunes to write that to the ID3 files, so that Serato can read it, without overwriting the Comments field of tracks? (Either by storing them somewhere else, or by concatenating them to the comments, or whatever.)
    Thanks again
    Chris

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 21 Oct, 2018 08:18 PM

Serato should be able to read the regular id3 tags that beaTunes writes to.
    When you analyze with beaTunes you have the option to also write some things to the comment field (tags, key, ...). Just make sure you don't enable those options.

Suggestion: Try it out with a couple of tracks first! Always have a backup.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac