Synchronization aborted

alorapittab

15 May, 2022 10:54 AM

After a month or so not using Beatunes I'm struggling to sync it with Music library, getting the message attached. I tried rebooting, repairing database but it didn't work. I'm thinking to rebuild the database but I'm afraid I might loose data - I have a Time Machine backup obviously but dunno if an operation like this to the music files can be undone

1. 1 Posted by alorapittab on 15 May, 2022 10:56 AM

Big Sur 11.6.5
    Beatunes 5.2.28

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by hendrik on 16 May, 2022 11:33 AM

I'm thinking to rebuild the database but I'm afraid I might loose data - I have a Time Machine backup obviously but dunno if an operation like this to the music files can be undone

"rebuilding" the database will delete beaTunes current database and re-build it from your audio files. All playlists (unless they are in iTunes/Music) and all other information not embedded in the audio files will be lost. See also https://blog.beatunes.com/2013/10/so-where-exactly-does-beatunes-st...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 16 May, 2022 11:55 AM

Regarding the actual sync error:

It seems that the AppleScript error -2147450879 indicates that AppleScript itself is broken, perhaps because of a bad plugin or Audio Unit. Please see http://help.beatunes.com/discussions/problems/66150-cant-load-or-sy...

Any chance you have installed something that interferes?
    Can you run osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to display dialog "Hello, World!"' on the command line?

4. 4 Posted by alorapittab on 16 May, 2022 01:21 PM

I did and I get the line "osascript: can't open default scripting component."
    So wondering now which AU is causing the issue

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 16 May, 2022 01:26 PM

Hm. Well at least we know now, that it’s a general AppleScript issue on your machine and not specific to beaTunes.

I unfortunately have no idea how to find out why AppleScript broke. Perhaps there’s something in the system’s log when you execute that AppleScript one-liner?

6. 6 Posted by alorapittab on 16 May, 2022 01:40 PM

How do I get that log?
    Or wait, is the Applescript you are talking about the Node.js thing? I have installed but maybe it needs to be launched somehow, I have no idea how that works sorry!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by hendrik on 16 May, 2022 01:49 PM

Installing node.js most likely does not help. Node.js is a JavaScript implementation. It’s more likely, it interferes.

AppleScript is a language runtime that is always installed on macOS. Your installation is somehow broken, perhaps by a plug-in of some sort.

The macOS system log is something you can see when launching the Console app.

Hope this helps a little.

8. 8 Posted by alorapittab on 16 May, 2022 01:53 PM

Got it

Would this help somehow?

9. 9 Posted by alorapittab on 16 May, 2022 01:53 PM

Found this also

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by hendrik on 16 May, 2022 03:01 PM

That system.log is the right one, but I cannot see anything useful in the excerpt you sent. Try running that AppleScript command line snippet mentioned in http://help.beatunes.com/discussions/problems/68756-synchronization... and right afterwards save the system.log file. Perhaps then there's something in there (but I cannot make any promises).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Schermata_2022-05-15_alle_12.51.03.png 93.3 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac