Cannot write tags

Julian Bashford

22 Feb, 2020 11:40 AM

1. If you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, please attach the log file 'beaTunes-logs-2020-02-22-113612.zip' by dragging it from your desktop onto the 'Attach File' button below.
I've uploaded logs, but I don't think that will help.
2. Please enter your message to us here.
It's an Apple Music its that is affecting BeaTunes. If I change BPM tags in an Apple Music track, it's not updating the track. If I look at the track in Apple Music, the BPM tag field is grey and uneditable. It's only affecting a few tracks, but frustrating.

Also, we were talking BPMs a while back and I see your tap screen (thanks!). There's an app called liveBPM that listens to audio in the microphone and works out the BPM. To have that built in would be WONDERFUL, and then you hit 'YES' when you think it's detected a stable BPM and it fills in the BPM field. That would be great (and save me lots of work - because I'm lazy!)

* beaTunes: 5.2.5
* JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 11.0.4-BellSoft+11
* Vendor: BellSoft
* Library: Music.app
* Memory: 92m - 2048m
* Registered as: Julian Bashford

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 22 Feb, 2020 01:53 PM

Hey Julian,

If I change BPM tags in an Apple Music track, it's not updating the track. If I look at the track in Apple Music, the BPM tag field is grey and uneditable. It's only affecting a few tracks, but frustrating.

I am not sure I entirely understand.

You're editing the BPM of an Apple Music track in beaTunes and the value does not get changed in the Music.app. Correct?

In fact, in Music.app, the BPM value is grayed out? Correct?

Is the file locally stored?

Also, we were talking BPMs a while back and I see your tap screen (thanks!). There's an app called liveBPM that listens to audio in the microphone and works out the BPM. To have that built in would be WONDERFUL, and then you hit 'YES' when you think it's detected a stable BPM and it fills in the BPM field. That would be great (and save me lots of work - because I'm lazy!)

That is a fun idea, but currently out of beaTunes scope. Sorry.

Cheers,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Julian Bashford on 25 Feb, 2020 06:21 PM

Hi. I’m back on it today. Basically, Beatunes isn’t writing BPM data back to the Apple Music database. I can manually write the BPM into Apple Music, but I’m seeing BPMs after analysis but it’s not written back to Apple Music. As per these screen shots…

Regards

Julian Bashford

Mobile +44 7525 700668

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 26 Feb, 2020 09:56 AM

Hey Julian,

Was the file locally stored when you tried to manipulate the BPM in beaTunes?

In any case, please make sure you have "Force overwriting..." (in beaTunes general preferences) turned on. Then please reproduce the issue and upload a fresh set of logs.

Thank you,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac