failed message

mark ashley

30 Jan, 2020 06:56 PM

1. If you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, please attach the log file 'beaTunes-logs-2020-01-30-184434.zip' by dragging it from your desktop onto the 'Attach File' button below.

2. Please enter your message to us here.

Hi Please help.

I keep getting this message. failed to open item, failed to allocate database session.

I have a lot of files in my database and I'm getting a bit fed up because I cant use beatunes.
Last time I spoke to you I needed to start over again, so I did that. All my tunes now have been analysed. Every time I try to play one and use the matching feature it lock up and gives me the above message.

Mark

* beaTunes: 5.2.5
* JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 11.0.4-BellSoft+10
* Vendor: BellSoft
* Library: FileSystem
* Memory: 92m - 3584m
* Registered as: mark ashley

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 30 Jan, 2020 07:43 PM

Hey Mark,

can you please upload your logs (from the Help menu within beaTunes), so that I can take a look at what's going on?

Thanks!

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by mark ashley on 30 Jan, 2020 08:08 PM

Hi Hendrik

Please see attached.

Sorry for the moan but I've spent weeks trying to get this to work.

Mark

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 30 Jan, 2020 09:52 PM

Hey Mark,

thanks for the logs.

I have checked them out and it seems that there was a UI hang, because the filesystem reacted a little slowly and then a program shutdown was initiated (probably manually, by attempting to close the window). Unfortunately the shutdown didn't succeed all the way, which led to the error messages you saw.

Please simply restart beaTunes.

Sorry for the moan but I've spent weeks trying to get this to work.

No worries. Feel free to always post questions to this forum.

Hope this helped,

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by mark.ashley on 30 Jan, 2020 10:03 PM

Hi Hendrik.This is happening every time. I would play one tune and then select another it would give me the error message. I've tried restarting beatunes after it hangs and then letting it shut down. Restart and it happens again.MarkSent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 - powered by Three
    -------- Original message --------From: hendrik <[email blocked]> Date: 30/01/2020 21:52 (GMT+00:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: failed message [Problems #56353]

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 31 Jan, 2020 10:49 AM

Hey Mark,

This is happening every time. I would play one tune and then select another it would give me the error message.

OK.

Can you please start beaTunes fresh, play one tune, select another (i.e. reproduce the issue), take a screenshot of the error dialog and then attach the screenshot and a fresh set of logs to this discussion?

The background is that I wasn't able to locate the error dialog in your logs last time and am not sure what is leading to the error or what exactly the error message is.

Thank you,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac