or Create a profile
08 May, 2019 05:06 PM
I discovered a perplexing issue. Briefly, in a filtered song list, the song I click on to play doesn't play, a different one does. Here is what I did:
1. I open my whole (test) library of 7730 items.
2. I type "da doo ron" in the search box to locate the song I want (Da Doo Ron Ron, in this case by Shaun Cassidy).
3. It returns a list of 6 songs, including the one I want.
4. I click to play, but it doesn't play Da Doo Ron Ron (song #4), it plays the next song in the list (Can't Help Loving That Girl of Mine), and displays that song name in the title bar. (see Screen Cap #1)
5. The process is repeatable, but not always the next song. Song #1 plays song #6, #2 plays #4, #3 plays #2, #4 plays #5, #5 plays #3, and #6 plays #1, and THESE are repeatable. (#1 always plays #6, for example.)
6. If I let the songs continue to play (rather than playing each one on demand), the same thing happens: #4 advances to #5, which actually plays #3 as described above.
7. If I take off the filter and just scroll down to the Shaun Cassidy song, it plays like it should. (see Screen Cap #2)
8. I tried closing/opening and resyncing: same result.
9. I tried the before-and-after db from running the "Remove Fingerprints" beaTlet... same result. As expected, use of the beaTlet does not appear to be a factor.
10. I tried a different filter value ("Johnny Angel"). That returned 5 songs, and THEY all played properly.
11. I put "da doo ron" in the filter box again. THIS time it only returned two songs (why the different result?), but the wrong songs still play: #1 plays #2, and #2 plays #1.
So, I don't know what else to say. It's kind of a mess.
Environment: BeaTunes 5.1.13 with FFmpeg NOT disabled, Win 8.1, using databases from today and a back-up from March 7 (separately) on my test library of 7730 items (all "Various" album artist).
Formatting help /
(switch to plain text)
(switch to Markdown)
You can attach files up to 10MB
If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.
A conversation has been started with the beaTunes staff to resolve this discussion.
This discussion is private.
Only you and beaTunes support staff can see and reply to it.
This discussion is public. Everyone can see and reply to it.
You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac
Powered by Tender™.