Windows 10 iTunes 12.9.4.104 beaTunes 5.1.13

owgu

23 Apr, 2019 06:21 PM

I have installed iTunes from the Microsoft store and I have installed beaTunes on my Windows 10 machine. I have an iTunes family account so most of my songs are DRM protected. BeaTunes complains about the XML file not being found when it starts up but it always seems to load my library. Also BPM information is not being added to my iTunes from beaTunes.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 23 Apr, 2019 06:44 PM

Please try rebooting your computer and then start beaTunes. beaTunes should start iTunes automatically. When started in this order, does beaTunes still complain?

In any case, please upload your logs (via beaTunes' Help menu).

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by owgu on 23 Apr, 2019 06:51 PM

I sent the log files just now

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 24 Apr, 2019 06:51 AM

Please try rebooting your computer and then start beaTunes. beaTunes should start iTunes automatically. When started in this order, does beaTunes still complain?

Did you try this? Any success?

4. 4 Posted by owgu on 24 Apr, 2019 11:41 AM

I responded yesterday and let you know that I sent the log files… and yes I did restart it and tried and it still didn’t work

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 24 Apr, 2019 12:01 PM

Hey,

I did some digging and am under the impression that it is not possible to remote control the iTunes version you've downloaded from the app store (it's in a sandbox).

You could work around the issue by downloading iTunes from Apple: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Should you want to go that route, please check the box "Force overwriting of fields..." in beaTunes' general preferences to make sure values are communicated to iTunes even if they appear unchanged.

Cheers,

-hendrik

6. 6 Posted by owgu on 24 Apr, 2019 09:42 PM

OK… the errors are gone, but it still doesn’t update iTunes to where I can see the BPM. I see it in beaTunes but not iTunes….

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by hendrik on 25 Apr, 2019 08:30 AM

OK… the errors are gone, but it still doesn’t update iTunes to where I can see the BPM. I see it in beaTunes but not iTunes….

I assume you've installed iTunes from the Apple site, right?

To see the BPM values in iTunes, you will have to first check the box "Force overwriting..." in the beaTunes general preferences and then re-analyze your tracks with "Replace existing values" set to true in the analysis task settings (this is in the analysis options dialog, that appears when you start analysis).

The reason for this is that in the beaTunes database the correct values are already stored. By default, beaTunes propagates new values to iTunes, if they differ. Only when "Force..." is set, values are always propagated.

Hope this helps!

8. 8 Posted by owgu on 25 Apr, 2019 04:46 PM

Boom!!!! Everything is working now…. Thank you for your help.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by hendrik on 25 Apr, 2019 04:47 PM

You're very welcome! Glad it works now.

10. hendrik closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2019 04:47 PM.

11. owgu re-opened this discussion on 25 Apr, 2019 04:49 PM

12. 10 Posted by owgu on 25 Apr, 2019 04:49 PM

I did notice that the BPM is half of what it should be on some songs and doubled on others… Is there a reason for this?

13. Support Staff 11 Posted by hendrik on 25 Apr, 2019 04:51 PM

That's a problem known as the octave-error. Algorithms unfortunately have trouble with this.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac