deleting from beatujnes i still see files in my NAS

alex mendoza

24 Jan, 2019 03:35 AM

HI Guys - So i've been using your app for many years and love it - keep it going! - So i understood that beatunes i can use as a file editor - and it's synched to my NAS where my music files are. I can see when i add/change a CD cover - it changes over on the NAS (i'm pretty sure) - what i wonder is if i delete a CD/folder - that it should be deleting from the source storage/NAS - but when i do i still see remnants on the NAS - so if it is BAND X - and there is only one album/CD by BAND X - i still see it in the music file directory of NAS - when i click into i don't actually see music files, but i do see JPG and other things - any insight for me - is this the way it is, or am i doing something wrong or missing a step. And also - so i'm correct that changes i do in Beatunes is actually changing the music files on NAS yes? - thank you sir!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 24 Jan, 2019 06:48 AM

When you change something in beaTunes, it is also changed in your files.

That said: files or folders that you cannot see in beaTunes, won't be changed.

Since beaTunes does not show folders or image files, those will not be deleted.

2. 2 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 24 Jan, 2019 01:50 PM

Thank you Hendrik!

3. 3 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 25 Jan, 2019 05:36 AM

Another Question - I have updated to latest Beatunes - the system freezes - when sometime I try to change the info of an album - I hit ok after I change say genre etc - but nothing happens - it’s been happing to me, not everytime but yesterday it did and again today - and now after restarting - there is nothing in my library no files, I had like thousands - I’m asking it to synchronize again now - to see if that does it. Luckily I see all my files I have 15,000 songs is that too much for Beatunes? Thanks, alex it seems the updates ‘took’ to that one cd that froze the system.

4. 4 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 25 Jan, 2019 05:43 AM

Also I have this one regular CD - that when I try and change the Genre - for some reason beatunes shows no genre at all - so after ripping the genre is “Electronic” so I get info and change it to “world groove” then beatunes changes it from “Electronic” to no genre - I’ve deleted the album and ripped it again, and same thing happened? And I try even to rename the genre “electronic” again but no changes happen - I have a windows very new Dell best in class laptop solid state HD lot’s of ram memory etc.

5. 5 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 25 Jan, 2019 05:49 AM

Also Hendrik - when I use Beatunes to change INFO - usually to change Genre - I’m pretty sure, that when I did GET INFO and started to change Genre - there used to be auto suggest as I typed it doesn’t do that any more why - was very useful - now as I rename lot’s of cd’s I run the risk of misspellings lack of unity in naming - any suggestions?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 28 Jan, 2019 07:10 AM

Hey,

Pleas run Tools -> Repair database.

Cheers,

-hendrik

7. 7 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 02 Feb, 2019 11:52 PM

Ok - everything seems fine after I tools repair database - but now none of my artwork thumbnails are showing in the ARTWORK column anymore for any - how can I fix?

8. 8 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 03 Feb, 2019 12:00 AM

NEVER MIND PLEASE DISREGARD BELOW - ALL OK - thanks!

Ok - everything seems fine after I tools repair database - but now none of my artwork thumbnails are showing in the ARTWORK column anymore for any - how can I fix?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac