Playback Problems from Audio Interface

Andrei Villanueva

29 Nov, 2018 05:25 AM

I currently use Traktor Audio 2 MK2 as an audio interface but I'm receiving playback errors.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 29 Nov, 2018 10:09 AM

Hey Andrei,

Thanks for your message. Can you please upload your logs? You can do so from within the app using Help -> Upload Logs.

Cheers!

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Andrei Villanue... on 29 Nov, 2018 04:30 PM

Hi,

The log has been both sent and also attached from the time when this discussion was started but I guess the error isnt recorded in the log? I only receive the error when my output is selected for Traktor Audio 2. When it's set to "Default speakers", playback is normal but no sound is heard of course because the output is connected through the audio interface and not the headphone jack on my laptop. I could just switch the connections but I rather prefer listening to the USB audio interface.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 30 Nov, 2018 10:45 AM

Hey Andrei,

sorry, I've overlooked the attached logs. They provided some of the information I was seeking.

Can you please shutdown beaTunes and then download and install the latest dev snapshot from https://www.beatunes.com/download/beaTunes-5-1-12-SNAPSHOT-x64.exe ?

When using the snapshot: does the problem still occur?

In any case, i.e. even if the problem is gone, can you please send a fresh set of logs, once you've tried the snapshot?

Thank you,

-hendrik

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 30 Nov, 2018 01:09 PM

Thanks for the logs.

I assume the problem still exists, right?

In the logs it says that when beaTunes asks the device for an output line (of a certain format), that the device supports that format. But when beaTunes opens a line in that format it fails. Unfortunately, there is no information why it fails—perhaps all available resources on the device are already used by other applications, or for some reason it does not support the desired format after all.

Can you please try the following:

1. Restart your computer
    2. DO NOT start any other program but beaTunes
    3. Try again to play some track via Traktor Audio 2 MK2

Any luck with that?

Cheers!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 05 Dec, 2018 08:59 AM

Hey Andrei,

just wanted to check in with you—did you get my last message?

Cheers,

-hendrik

6. 6 Posted by Andrei Villanue... on 05 Dec, 2018 02:22 PM

Hello,

I apologize I've been away from my so called work computer that Beatunes is on. I have since resolved the issue. I did a complete uninstall and cleaned all drivers/devices from my computer. I then reinstalled everything and I started to get audio from Beatunes. Apparently the driver I installed from both Windows when it was first plugged in and the Native Instruments website wasn't "correct" and I had to install the audio driver that came with Traktor 3. I received the Traktor Audio 2 MK2 after getting Traktor 3 and never thought twice to reinstall it where the correct drivers was included. Everything runs smoothly now. Beatunes is now such an integral part of my workflow and managing my library.

Now last question would be, should I continue using the snapshot version of Beatunes that you sent or should I reinstall the regular version.

Thank you for your support and again I apologize for any inconvenience.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by hendrik on 05 Dec, 2018 02:57 PM

Hey Andrei,

thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad you were able to sort this out yourself.

Regarding regular or snapshot version: It does not make a difference. Once the real 5.1.12 version is out, you may want to update, but at the moment there is no need for action.

Cheers,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• beaTunes-logs-2018-11-29-001827.zip 1.58 MB
  • 20181129_beaTunes_-_Playback_Error_Msg.PNG 10.3 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac