system keeps asking me to turn on xml file sharing which i have done multiple times and yet itunes and beaturnes and not communicating

james hubbell

15 Nov, 2018 03:42 PM

also i get a runtime exception during synch. itunes com object is not installed properly. so synch was aborted.

have uploaded logs

1. If you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, please attach the log file 'beaTunes-logs-2018-11-15-093816.zip' by dragging it from your desktop onto the 'Attach File' button below.

2. Please enter your message to us here.

* beaTunes: 5.1.11
* JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 25.181-b13
* Vendor: Oracle Corporation
* Library: iTunes
* Memory: 92m - 3072m
* Registered as: james hubbell

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 15 Nov, 2018 03:49 PM

Hey James,

sounds like a Win 10 specific problem. Can you please stop beaTunes and iTunes and then start beaTunes (which should start iTunes automatically). Does that work?

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by james hubbell on 15 Nov, 2018 04:48 PM

i tried to reinstall itunes complete, still didnt work. now i will try again

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 15 Nov, 2018 04:50 PM

Did you restart your computer after re-installing iTunes? That sometimes does the trick.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 16 Nov, 2018 07:56 PM

Hey James,

did a system restart solve this issue?

Cheers,

-hendrik

5. 5 Posted by hubbelljim on 16 Nov, 2018 11:26 PM

Nope.  I are identified where the iTunes folder was and it has been syncing all day.  I keep my music on a portable HD (120k songs) also I have a bunch on the c drive.  This is probably confusing the systemSent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
    -------- Original message --------From: hendrik <[email blocked]> Date: 11/16/18 1:56 PM (GMT-06:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: system keeps asking me to turn on xml file sharing which i have done multiple times and yet itunes and beaturnes and not communicating [Problems #48724]

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 17 Nov, 2018 08:50 AM

This is probably confusing the systemSent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

I don't understand how this has anything to do with your smartphone. Could you explain?

7. 7 Posted by hubbelljim on 17 Nov, 2018 04:30 PM

Nope.  I did a search of all the .XML files and am trying each one but then it goes back to telling me they are not communicating Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
    -------- Original message --------From: hendrik <[email blocked]> Date: 11/16/18 1:56 PM (GMT-06:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: system keeps asking me to turn on xml file sharing which i have done multiple times and yet itunes and beaturnes and not communicating [Problems #48724]

8. 8 Posted by hubbelljim on 17 Nov, 2018 05:00 PM

The sent from phone stuff is an auto attachment when I reply using my phone.  Sorry using phone because laptop is busy syncing itune and beatunes..   Just to recap:  reinstalled itunes. Reinstalled beatunes..  tried file based system.. tried itunes based system..  Searched for all .XML files and directed beatunes to use each with no result.Looking for a lifeline.  What if I destroy all .XML files and start all overSent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
    -------- Original message --------From: hendrik <[email blocked]> Date: 11/17/18 2:50 AM (GMT-06:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: system keeps asking me to turn on xml file sharing which i have done multiple times and yet itunes and beaturnes and not communicating [Problems #48724]

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by hendrik on 18 Nov, 2018 11:15 AM

Hey James,

Sorry about the Samsung question. Somehow your message was mangled so that I could not tell your Samsung footer and your message apart.

I are identified where the iTunes folder was and it has been syncing all day. I keep my music on a portable HD (120k songs) also I have a bunch on the c drive. This is probably confusing the system

So. A restart did not solve the issue, you say.

I did a search of all the .XML files and am trying each one but then it goes back to telling me they are not communicating

The XML files are not communicating in any case.

Here's what beaTunes is trying to do:

• Read the iTunes Library.xml file to import the tracks from your iTunes library.
    • Communicate with iTunes via its COM interface. This becomes necessary when you change values in beaTunes, to make sure the new values are also in iTunes.
    • Additionally, beaTunes asks iTunes where its iTunes Library.xml file is located and what its version is.

If that last item fails, you will see an error message.

What if I destroy all .XML files and start all over

That won't change anything.

I checked the logs you've uploaded. There you have beaTunes configured to use C:\Users\james hubbell\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music Library.xml. Please take a look at the timestamp of that file. Is it current? It should be a very recent time and date. Is there perhaps another file named iTunes Library.xml in that folder?

Cheers,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac