cover image

Peter

05 Nov, 2018 12:50 PM

Hi, beatunes sometimes shows me covers which absolutley have nothing to do with the currently played song. At the moment I listen to a Natalie Merchant song, and beatunes display a Marilyn Mansion image - I don't even have a single Marily Mansion song in my collection. Itunes shows the correct cover. Any ideas?

beatunes 5.1.11, iTunes 12.9.0.164 on macOS 10.14

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 12 Nov, 2018 02:08 PM

Hey Peter,

apologies for the late reply—I was not at work last week.

beaTunes attempts to use the artwork embedded in your files. If the available artwork is a little small or not available at all, it attempts to look up the artwork online. Apparently, something with the lookup goes wrong in your case.

iTunes either displays what's embedded in your file or what it finds in its online database.

I'd be interested in finding out how the lookup fails. Could you please reproduce the behavior and then send me your logs? You can do so via Help -> Upload Logs.

Thank you,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Peter on 12 Nov, 2018 05:26 PM

Hi Hendrik,

I stoppe beatunes, cleaned the log directory, started beatunes, played the song, called the info pane, closed it, stoppe beatunes and zipped the logs.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 12 Nov, 2018 06:48 PM

Thanks for the logs, Peter.

For some reason unknown to me, the file contains two MusicBrainz IDs: One for the correct album and one for the Marilyn Manson album. beaTunes trusts that all IDs are correct and picks one at random.

Unfortunately, I don't know of an efficient way to correct this. :-/

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by Peter on 12 Nov, 2018 07:10 PM

strange. Especially as in iTunes all my album covers are correct. Well, as long as beatunes doesn't write the wrong images to my files, it's merly a cosmetic issue

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 13 Nov, 2018 03:49 PM

Especially as in iTunes all my album covers are correct.

iTunes uses a completely different mechanism.

And yes, it's merely cosmetic.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• wrong-cover.png 990 KB
  • right_cover.png 653 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac