Playlists not syncing properly

ryan

21 Jun, 2018 12:07 PM

Hi,

I'm having problems ordering play lists .. they appears to be backwards and often tracks are duplicated when I try to reorder them or add new ones .. I've tried clicking the index column to reset the order but it doesn't change the order .. see attached screen shot that compares the same play list in iTunes with beaTunes. If I try and reorder the tracks in beaTunes to the reverse and sync it reverses the list again

* beaTunes: 5.1.7
* JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 25.162-b12
* Vendor: Oracle Corporation
* Library: iTunes
* Memory: 92m - 1920m
* Registered as: Ryan Johnson

1. 1 Posted by ryan on 21 Jun, 2018 12:08 PM

FYI I am using an iTunes based library

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by hendrik on 21 Jun, 2018 02:30 PM

What are your sync settings? I.e. in beaTunes general preferences, what is "Sync on window activation" set to? Is it on or off?

3. 3 Posted by ryan on 21 Jun, 2018 03:05 PM

it's set to off

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 21 Jun, 2018 04:03 PM

If you still want beaTunes to sync, you will then have to do it manually, via File->Synchronize. Do you do that?

Also, iTunes may be incapable to dump an updated iTunes Library.xml file. That means changes in beaTunes should be reflected more or less instantaneously, but not the other way around. Forcing a sync before iTunes was able to write changes will mess things up. Your best bet is to sync and then work in one application without switching back and forth.

5. 5 Posted by ryan on 21 Jun, 2018 08:54 PM

Hi Hendrik,

It’s actually not working .. there’s a bug in there .. if I drag a song to the bottom of the playlist from the lower match list pane It’ll appear at the bottom of that playlist in iTunes. But if I drag it into a position other than the bottom it will magically duplicate the whole list. Like it has a life of its own

6. 6 Posted by ryan on 21 Jun, 2018 10:04 PM

I've made a quick video that show you it's impossible to order the play list and the weird behavior ..

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by hendrik on 22 Jun, 2018 03:39 PM

Hey Ryan,

thanks for the video. iTunes' API does not have an operation that easily let's beaTunes easily insert songs at arbitrary positions. But it lets you delete and add songs. So the common workaround for this shortcoming is to add all songs from the playlist the way it should be and then delete all songs from playlist that have been there before.

Anyhow. Something definitely goes wrong in your case. Can you please reproduce the issue again and send me your logs? You can do so via Help -> Upload Logs (in the app).

Thanks!

-hendrik

8. 8 Posted by ryan on 24 Jun, 2018 10:09 AM

Thanks Hendrik .. I managed to fix the problem by rebuilding the database .. The issue has gone now .. thanks for your advice.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by hendrik on 25 Jun, 2018 02:49 PM

I managed to fix the problem by rebuilding the database

Good.

thanks for your advice.

You're welcome!

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• beaTunes-logs-2018-06-21-215901.zip 4.8 MB
  • 2018-06-21_21_58_40-iTunes.png 134 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac