5.1.5 Java ou t of memory error

benjamin_moser

10 May, 2018 12:03 AM

Uploaded logs. This problem occurred after I tried to create a large playlist (14,000+). Got repeated errors, had to shut down Windows.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 10 May, 2018 08:27 AM

This may be related to something else. Can you try again to create such a list, but before you do, please make sure that all song context panes (matching songs, album info, amazon) are closed. Preferably, you start beaTunes, close all those context panes, restart beaTunes and then create that large playlist.

2. 2 Posted by benjamin_moser on 12 May, 2018 12:59 AM

Did a huge selection of about 19K songs, then "create playlist." I get a pop-up error saying: "org.hibernate. TransactionException: Transaction not successfully started." I clear this error and selected files continue to blink about once per second. This time I was able to shut down. Re-started BeaTunes and... there is a playlist "untitled" but it has 0 items. Uploaded logs. Happy troubleshooting!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 13 May, 2018 03:05 AM

For some reason beaTunes takes a long time when displaying the tags column. Have you used/imported a ton of tags? If not, perhaps the database needs repairing.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac