Failed to allocate database session

brunogervais01

10 Apr, 2018 12:27 AM

Hi,
I've been trying to inspect my library several times and it froze at one point so I closed it and received:
An error occured
java.lang.nullpointerexpection: Failed to allocate database session.
Syncronization was aborted.

Any clue?
Thanks
Bruno.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 10 Apr, 2018 06:15 AM

If it restarts with no problem, don't worry about it.
    It just means that beaTunes was still trying to work with the database, when it was already shut down.

2. 2 Posted by brunogervais01 on 13 Apr, 2018 01:20 PM

Hi Hendrix,
    So I install the last version of beatunes and I keep have issues. It never end inspecting (freezes in the middle). Also I get pop up windows (I didnt have a chance to take the pic...)
    My whole computer slows down so I end up closing the app which take forever to close..
    let me know if you have an idea about what it could be..
    Thanks a lot

3. 3 Posted by brunogervais01 on 13 Apr, 2018 01:22 PM

(I did actually have to force quit)

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 13 Apr, 2018 01:56 PM

Can you please send me a new set of logs (via Help -> Upload Logs), so that I can take a look at what's going on?

Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by brunogervais01 on 13 Apr, 2018 02:23 PM

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 13 Apr, 2018 02:51 PM

Just took a look.

When you restart beaTunes, please make sure to repair your database (via Tools), if beaTunes hasn't done that already.

I can see in the logs what's wrong—it has to do with the fingerprint-based duplicate inspection. It simply takes too long.

For now, you can do one of two things:

1. Start the inspection again and go drink a coffee. Last time, when you force killed it, it was still running happily and probably would have succeeded eventually.
    2. Turn off the Duplicates inspector in the inspection preferences. Then run inspection.

Neither option is really satisfying. This weekend I'm going to spend some quality time with this issue and make beaTunes more responsive. Duplicates inspection will still take some time, but beaTunes should never freeze like it apparently does. Thank you for reporting this. It will be fixed.

Cheers,

-hendrik

7. 7 Posted by brunogervais01 on 13 Apr, 2018 02:56 PM

great, I'll try that and will let you know.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by hendrik on 14 Apr, 2018 10:09 AM

Hey Bruno,

I've spent some time on this issue. If you're interested, please try out https://www.beatunes.com/download/beaTunes-5-1-4-SNAPSHOT.dmg That's the current dev snapshot that contains the corresponding changes. Does it work better for you (with duplicates inspection turned on)?

Thanks,

-hendrik

9. 9 Posted by brunogervais01 on 14 Apr, 2018 01:15 PM

Thanks, I'll try that now...
    Anyway, I tried yesterday the way you asked me. First I rebuilt my library then If I turn off the duplicate option then it seems to work fine. I tried again with duplicate on and it finally worked but it took a very long time and still my computer was really slowed down during the process. It might also be because I have a big library.
    I'll check again now with the version you just sent me.
    ;)

10. 10 Posted by brunogervais01 on 14 Apr, 2018 01:52 PM

Hi Hendrix, I tried it and everything looks good.. It worked well.
    Thanks again for your work...

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by hendrik on 16 Apr, 2018 06:27 AM

First I rebuilt my library

Actually I meant repair not rebuild, but I guess it does not matter that much.

Hi Hendrix, I tried it and everything looks good.. It worked well. Thanks again for your work...

Excellent! Thanks for making me aware of this.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-04-09_at_8.14.15_PM.png 42.9 KB
  • Archive.zip 1.16 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac