Problems, Questions and Suggestions

Thorsten

23 Nov, 2017 11:04 AM

Hi there,

1. when i listen to a track and change any metadata, like the rating, a get a lag of 10 seconds. This only happens when the specific song is being played. Tried it on different machines, sames issue. (really annoying, as I normally want to change the rating of the song which is currently playing)
2. When I go on Information - BPM & CO. and use the button to check the Key, very often it shows me a different key to the one which was already analysed by beatuntes. This happens to maybe 40% of my songs, most of have been analyzed recently (V 5) ?
Why is that?
3. When i start a new playlist and change the windows ( to Charts, Inspektion or Analyse) the Playlist dissapers. I have to close Beatunes and open it again to see it again
4. It would be cool for me to be able to mark tracks within a playlist in different colors. for example: Intro - green, Building - blue - Climax - red and so on...
5. Any chance to implement the import of tags from beatport, like in the beatport software?
6. A portable mode would be useful, as I use 2 Operating Systems. Is it somehow possible to share the database and playlists?

regards
Thorsten

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 23 Nov, 2017 11:27 AM

Hey Thorsten,

please find comments/questions below.

Ad 1: I'm having trouble reproducing this. What kind of library do you use (iTunes- or folder-based)? There are multiple ways of changing the rating in beaTunes. Which one do you use? I.e. what do you click on?

Ad 2: The quick analysis in the Get Info dialog is not configurable. It never uses online resources. If you have used online resources in your original analysis, the results may be different.

Ad 3: I cannot reproduce this. Any chance you also switch to another program, triggering a synchronization?

Ad 4: Nice idea.

Ad 5: What exactly does the Beatport software do?

Ad 6: This has come up before. Unfortunately, it's not trivial to implement.

Cheers,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Thorsten Jägle on 23 Nov, 2017 11:42 AM

Hey Hendrik,

1. Folder Based, I click on the Stars to change the rating in the
    playlist view, ALso happens when I enter a text in the custom field or
    change anything else.

2. Which one is more trustworthy?

3. Not always, but synchronisation is deactivated, because I have a big
    library and it would take ages.

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_K9gJFcG0Q
    2:30
    It imports the tags from beatport. It does the same what beatuens does
    with lastfm i guess.

thank you

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 23 Nov, 2017 12:39 PM

Folder Based, I click on the Stars to change the rating in the playlist view, ALso happens when I enter a text in the custom field or
    change anything else.

I have to look into this. The issue is probably that beaTunes tries to modify a file it's currently playing. That may not be trivial. Which file format are we talking about? MP3?

Which one is more trustworthy?

I'd trust what beaTunes computes more than what is found in the online database. You probably get the best results when analyzing with online resources turned off and pre-choosing EDM or not-EDM.

It imports the tags from beatport. It does the same what beatuens does with lastfm i guess.

I have just tried to get some tags from their API, but haven't succeeded so far. It's entirely possible those tags are not publicly available.

4. 4 Posted by Thorsten Jägle on 23 Nov, 2017 03:16 PM

It happens with mp3 files NOT with flac files. 

Interesting, I never looked at the file type before when it happend.

5. 5 Posted by Thorsten Jägle on 23 Nov, 2017 08:26 PM

another thing

when a file gets moved or renamed, beatunes shows an error in the playlist.

after synchronizing the entry disappears from the playlist!

This is not good, the entry should still be there.

Is there a way to relink the file to its new directory, or beatunes
    recognising this when synchronizing and automaticly adapting the path of
    the file???

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 24 Nov, 2017 08:14 PM

when a file gets moved or renamed, beatunes shows an error in the playlist.

The error is the FileNotFound 404 one, right?
    What file system are you using (NTFS or FAT)? Is this an internal drive?

7. 7 Posted by Thorsten Jägle on 25 Nov, 2017 10:07 AM

Yes 404-

Its an internal drive NTFS

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by hendrik on 25 Nov, 2017 01:06 PM

Its an internal drive NTFS

In that case, beaTunes 5 will follow your file around, if it's renamed but stayed in the same directory, this should work transparently without you noticing.

If the file is moved somewhere else, beaTunes 5 can find the file during the next synchronization. But only, if it's still somewhere "below" your root folder.

That said, the behavior above may fail, if the database has been migrated from v4 to v5. If that's the case, you may see log messages like Failed to find song for FileId{ in your logs during synchronization. To check, please upload your logs via Help -> Upload Logs right after synchronization.

Just a remark for other folks who might be reading this: Following a file around only works for file systems like NTFS, HFS and APFS. For those, beaTunes 5 remembers device and file id, not just the name.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac