Failed to decode track. UnsupportedAudioFile: Apple Lossless audio file ... Not yet implemented FFmpeg patches welcome ...

Peter Booth

14 Nov, 2017 09:36 PM

Hello,

I am running beatunes 5.0.5 with JDK 1.8.0_152 on OSX 10.12.6, memory 92m/4G.
I have a bunch of m4a files produced with XLD from flac files and I'm seeing these errors when I try to analyze
these files. Is there a workaround for this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 15 Nov, 2017 09:10 AM

Hey Peter,

I understand the problem happens with a m4a file. Does it have an unusual format, sampling rate, bit depth, etc.? Do you use flac files as well in your collection?

Cheers,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Peter Booth on 19 Dec, 2017 05:37 AM

Usually I delete the Flac files, though I have to say this strategy is a pain in the ass.
    In there past I had one;y used beatunes for its beat detection but now that I am seeing
    the power of the automated playlist creation Im trying to workout the most practical way to do things.
    Beatunes is helping me to discover gems that were hidden in my music collection.
    Thats pretty huge value for a music lovert.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 19 Dec, 2017 08:38 AM

Usually I delete the Flac files, though I have to say this strategy is a pain in the ass.

I'm not certain I understand what you mean and how it is related to the original topic og this discussion.

but now that I am seeing the power of the automated playlist creation Im trying to workout the most practical way to do things.
    Beatunes is helping me to discover gems that were hidden in my music collection.
    Thats pretty huge value for a music lovert.

Awesome! :-)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac