Mountain Lion issues?

cemil.alyanak

01 Aug, 2012 11:30 PM

Hi. Not sure if it's related to 10.8, but my Beatunes now beach balls when hitting the Next button in the Beatunes info window if the song is playing. To be clear: info window open, song playing, hit next button while song is still playing, Beatunes crashes.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 02 Aug, 2012 07:31 AM

That is not good.
    How does beaTunes crash?
    Does it simply not respond anymore or is there actually some sort of crash report?

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by cemil.alyanak on 02 Aug, 2012 10:20 AM

Hi Hendrik.
    I have a Console crash report. Do you want it as a copy and paste in an email?
    Cemil

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 02 Aug, 2012 10:25 AM

If you can paste it into a TextEdit document and simply attach that - that would be swell!

Also, in theory, upon the next beaTunes start, beaTunes will offer to send a crash report my way...

Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by cemil.alyanak on 02 Aug, 2012 10:37 AM

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 02 Aug, 2012 11:05 AM

Hey,

thanks! Is this issue repeatable?
    Any chance you had an iTunes dialog open, while this issue occurred? E.g. the Get Info dialog?

-hendrik

6. 6 Posted by MickeyT on 02 Aug, 2012 04:24 PM

since foolishly downloading and installing Mountain Lion on the first day of release..... I've had nothing but trouble.... I don't know what everyone is raving about?.... sure it has some good features, but program after program.... don't work no more..... beaTunes is one of those.... I click the icon from my app folder and it tries to load.... I see the splash screen momentarily..... then....... nothing..... I'm downloading the 3.5.5 version right now in the hope it may fix things.....

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by hendrik on 02 Aug, 2012 07:19 PM

Hi,

if 3.5.5 does not fix whatever trouble you are seeing, please send me your logs.
    http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/where-are-the-beatunes-logs will tell you where to find them and how to send them!

Thank you!

-hendrik

8. 8 Posted by Mick TAGUE on 02 Aug, 2012 10:30 PM

Friday, 3 August 2012 8:25:16 AM

Thanks Hendrik,

so far, so good..... at least it has opened and is running now....

I ran into the VM Java memory thing and it crashed and I just found out how to downsize the parallel option.....

it's currently analysing again so I may have to wait for it to freeze again before I can change this preference....?

I've just managed to pause it, and reset the preferences to 2.... I'm restarting now...

will let you know if I have any other problems..... thanks

Mick

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by hendrik on 05 Aug, 2012 06:03 PM

Good. Hope this works well for you.

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac