Not all BPM info is synchronized

Steve C.

26 Jul, 2012 02:21 PM

I have analyzed my iTunes library several times both from the iTunes library and as a Drive with music on it . I have approximately 4800 songs in my library. The beaTunes analysis assigned BMPs to 95% of the songs. However on about 60 songs in my library in iTunes has the BPM associated. I have tried syncing beaTunes and iTunes several times and the BPMs still don't change.

Additionally during the analysis process, beaTunes would lock up several times when trying to analyze songs I purchased from iTunes. Sometimes I can click okay to keep the application working. Most times it would lock up especially if the songs were sequence during the analysis process.

• beaTunes: 3.5.5
  • JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM
  • Version: 22.1-b02
  • Vendor: Oracle Corporation
  • Registered as:
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 26 Jul, 2012 02:48 PM

Hi,

for those 60 songs - does beaTunes show BPM in its window (but simply not in iTunes)? Or are they not shown at all?

Are there any error messages in the Queue window when re-analyzing those songs?

Regarding the lock up issue you are describing - this is a known issue on Windows when analyzing DRM protected songs. The only workaround right now is to simply not analyze DRM protected songs.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Steve C. on 26 Jul, 2012 03:25 PM

It shows in ITunes and in beaTunes. How can I get the rest to show in iTunes.

No error messages in the queue window

How do I choose not to analyze DRM protected songs.

Steve

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 26 Jul, 2012 03:38 PM

If the BPM show in iTunes and in beaTunes - where are they missing?

You can select songs for analysis individually...

4. 4 Posted by Steve C. on 26 Jul, 2012 03:52 PM

They are BPM are missing in iTunes. Only about 60 of the 4800 show up in iTunes. They are in beaTunes. How can I get them to show in iTunes?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 27 Jul, 2012 08:18 AM

They should show up in iTunes if they show up in beaTunes - at least, if you have selected to create an iTunes-based library (see http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/how-to-tell-an-itunes-b... for reading up on the difference).

If they don't show up this might be because the files are read-only.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac