No keys displayed in Beatunes

Moes

26 Jul, 2012 10:01 AM

Goodmorning,

I am using beatunes now for 2 days and i don't understand it. I want beatunes to analyze te key of my songs.
Beatunes analyze my bpm correct but all the "key" fields of my tracks are empty.
And is it also possible to write the analysed data to te information of the track so it will appear in Itunes and Traktor?

Thanx alreadye

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 26 Jul, 2012 10:37 AM

Hi,

when you click "Analyze" for a song, beaTunes shows the "Analysis Options" dialog.
    In there make sure to check the "Analyze Key" option as shown in http://beatunes.com/itunes-tonal-key-analysis.html

This will make sure the keys are computed.

iTunes is incapable of showing keys.
    For Traktor to show the keys, you have to make sure beaTunes embeds the data into your files.
    It will only do so, if you check the box "embed non-iTunes data into file" in the beaTunes general preferences *before* you run the analysis.

Hope this helps!

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Jos on 26 Jul, 2012 10:54 AM

is it not possible to write the keytags in de comment? such like MixedinKey

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 26 Jul, 2012 11:06 AM

You can do that via plugins (beaTunes -> Preferences -> Plugins).
    You might also be interested in http://yeahdef.com/?p=6255

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by Jos on 27 Jul, 2012 01:47 PM

I did al the things up here:

And still no key tag is added to my song, not in the "key"field in beatunes, neither in the comments on itunes. Dont get it, is very frustrating. I use the program on windows, and the screens in my beatunes like this earlier links are little bit different, but the options are the same, only the option analyze key i dont see. But the option replace exisiting key is availlable in the analyze window. These are the steps i follow:

1. Open Beatunes (and itunes will also open)
    2. Selected the option embed non-iTunes data into file
    3. i select the option replace the excisting key

Analyze and nothing changes to my song, no comment no key in te key field in beatunes, dont get it.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 30 Jul, 2012 07:04 AM

Hi,

here's what needs to be done:

1. select the song/s
    2. click on analyze
    3. on the now open options dialog, select "Analyze Key". This is the option that has several sub-options, e.g. "Replace existing key"
    4. Click OK to close the dialog
    5. beaTunes should now analyze the key and write it to its database

If this still does not work, please send me your logs. Perhaps something went wrong.
    http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/where-are-the-beatunes-... tells you where to find the logs and how to send them.

Thanks!

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac