Several problems Matchlist and Playlist deletes everything!

Michael Mills

19 Jun, 2012 07:08 PM

I am deeply dissatisfied with this product. I am a professional dj and was using this to help build sets(I purchased a serial key) and several functions do not work or totally fail to work after working briefly. The matchlist option does not work ever. I have changed it to every setting and I have put everything on the lowest chance. This includes BPM(which most of my songs are the same or around the same bpm). I don't understand how it can't make a matchlist by bpm it's ridiculous. You should definitely not advertise that as a function as it literally says it is not able to find any matching songs regardless of how low the criteria is. Yes I am using my entire library.

OK so that was a huge let down as that's mainly why I bought the program, but here's where I'm down right angry.
After the matching function did not work at all I continued to build a set for tonight in a playlist. I spent a good 3 hours making a playlist perfect last night. I literally have not touched a thing and beatunes has been open the entire time(and no I didn't hit delete or clear playlist!). When I click that playlist all the songs are missing. I actually made two playlist and both the songs in the playlist are missing from these playlist. This is infuriating. Not only did your program not do at all what it says it would do, but now it's actually created several hours of extra work for me. I really want my money back.

if you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, you might want to attach log files from /Users/millsofthemichael/Library/Logs/beaTunes

• beaTunes: 3.5.5
  • JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
  • Version: 20.1-b02-384
  • Vendor: Apple Inc.
  • Registered as: Michael Mills
  1. 1 Posted by Michael Mills on 19 Jun, 2012 07:19 PM

Here's the log. I'm looking through it and I'm baffled at why it would just show the playlist in it's entirety one second then just be gone the next.

2. 2 Posted by Michael Mills on 20 Jun, 2012 07:38 AM

I see that you've given me a refund which is great and I'm happy about that. I am still curious of why there are these issues and was hoping you might know what's going on. If you figure it out please email me...im still kind of hoping the playlist might be salvaged. I would totally send that refund right back.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 20 Jun, 2012 07:52 AM

Hi,

since you seemed very unhappy I've gone ahead and issued the refund.
    I'm of course still very interested in what's going wrong here.
    Any chance you can send me all your logs? I.e. zip the entire logs folder and send it my way?

From what I've seen already, you are using a file system based library, not an iTunes based one (more on this topic here http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/how-to-tell-an-itunes-b...). And it looks like you only have very few songs in your library. Is that really the case? Also, a screenshot of your ruleset settings (in the prefs) would be great.

Thank you!

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac