Appling Changes to the library

Christian

10 Jun, 2012 10:24 AM

please enter your message to us here

I don't understand how I apply the suggestions to the iTunes library. It's now the third time I have to reloaded the database and, wonder wonder, all the changes have been gone. I tried even after every 100 changes that I did "Commit Solutions" and nothing happens.
I twice went through thousand of changes and days of work, before I start again I need to understand how Changes are applied to the MP3s and the iTunes library.

Thanks
Christian .

if you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, you might want to attach log files from /Users/victoriaadietschi/Library/Logs/beaTunes

• beaTunes: 3.5.5
  • JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
  • Version: 20.6-b01-415
  • Vendor: Apple Inc.
  • Registered as: christian dietschi
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 10 Jun, 2012 03:08 PM

Hi,

applying many many changes may take a while.
    In any case - perhaps there is a bug I might be able to spot in the logs. Could you send them my way? http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/where-are-the-beatunes-... tells you where to find them and how to send them.

Thanks,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Christian Diets... on 10 Jun, 2012 04:47 PM

Sorry
    No log files available.
    What happens is the message regarding the insufficient memory. (I run 4 GB Memory)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 11 Jun, 2012 07:07 AM

Hi Christian,

are you sure you looked in the right spot for those log files? You have to find [your_home]/Library/Logs/beaTunes, and [your_home] is not the root of your hard drive, it's your home folder. Furthermore, as described in the article, Lion is hiding the Library folder from you...

That aside, please see http://www.beatunes.com/beatunes-outofmemoryerror.html

Thanks,

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by Veronica on 22 Jan, 2013 01:27 AM

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem. Can anyone help me?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 22 Jan, 2013 09:26 AM

Veronica,

before I look at your logs - did you first "apply" and then "commit" any pending solutions?
    Also, did you see any error messages?

-hendrik

6. 6 Posted by veronica on 24 Jan, 2013 07:52 PM

Yes I did. No error messages were shown.
    The beaTunes library did change, but the iTunes one didn't.
    When I look at duplicates for example, there are none (on beaTunes). But on
    iTunes there are many.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by hendrik on 26 Jan, 2013 09:31 AM

Hi Veronica,

I took a look at the log files you sent - unfortunately, you just sent some of them, not the whole folder. But from what I saw in your old logs back from November, communication with iTunes does not seem to work very well.

Typically, this is caused by one of two things:

1) Either you have an iTunes dialog open - then communication with iTunes is impossible,
    2) Or the iTunes COM server is not installed properly.

The solution to 1) is obvious. To fix 2) you need to re-install a fresh copy of iTunes from http://www.apple.com/iTunes/download and then restart your computer.

If that still does not solve the problem, please send me a fresh set of logs - i.e. the whole log folder.

BTW, you might also want to update to the most recent beaTunes version.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

8. 8 Posted by veronica on 14 Feb, 2013 11:55 AM

Hi!

Sorry I took so long to answer.

I really do have the iTunes dialog opened when I use beaTunes, but it opens
    up automatically, so I thought it should work that way. Can I just close it
    and everything should work?
    Now that I've already clicked on commit to many solutions, how can I start
    over, or commit them again?

Thanks!

Veronica

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by hendrik on 14 Feb, 2013 04:03 PM

Hi Veronica,

the iTunes Window has to be open and is opened by beaTunes automatically. iTunes dialogs are smaller windows, asking for a confirmation or other input of any kind. For example the iTunes Get Info dialog, which shows the details of a song and lets you manipulate those details. This kind of window, also known as dialog, since it asks you something or lets you input information, must be closed when beaTunes is running. The iTunes main window however, must be open.

To answer your question, once you clicked on commit, you cannot commit a set of solutions again.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac