Crashing on analysis

Phil

20 May, 2012 12:52 PM

Analysis of BPM only and also BPM + mood + color runs for a few minutes and hangs with the messages in the attached screenshots. I have tried going back in with database unlocked and locked - no difference.
-Phil

• beaTunes: 3.5.4
  • JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM
  • Version: 22.1-b02
  • Vendor: Oracle Corporation
  • Registered as: Phillip D'Eon
  1. 1 Posted by Phil D'Eon on 20 May, 2012 05:09 PM

Problem resolved!

That FAQ (about memory limitations) was not the answer but it led me to the answer: Another processor-intensive app was running. I found it this way . . . First I cut BeaTunes back to 2 parallel processes and BPM analysis only (at max accuracy vs fast), and the crashing stopped. But still, at 2 processes running Windows Task Manager was telling me that all six of my (AMD) processors were super busy so I dug deeper. Sorting processes by CPU, I could see another app competing for top spot. This was the problem: I donate my CPU "idle time" to World Community Grid (WCG) for scientific research (protein folding in this case), and when it appears that I am not at the computer, it will run scientific calculations. It was running because I wasn't active at the keyboard while BeaTunes was doing its thing. That plus BeaTunes had six CPUs up at 90%. Adding any more processes or tasks to BeaTunes would make it crash. But with WCG stopped I was able to raise the number of parallel processes for BeaTunes to 4 (BPM only), and it's been running comfortably at 60% average CPU load without incident for the last 2 hours, according to the Performance tab on Windows Task Manager.

Issue is resolved, thanks. You might want to add this to your FAQ. Great product.
    -Phil

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac