Sync with iTunes .xml provides incorrect number of tracks

jasn

08 Feb, 2012 03:26 PM

Greetings Henrik. Using Tunes as the synchronizing directory I see only 88GB of my 180 GB library. This is something I've noticed over the past few weeks through several versions of Beatunes.

What is interesting is that the number of tracks will sometimes temporarily show the correct number of racks then change to a lower, incorrect number. I have checked to be sure I am not filtering out certain songs through a search function.

Any thoughts?

1. 1 Posted by jasn on 08 Feb, 2012 03:38 PM

Looking further at my display, I am seeing many, many blank lines when viewing my Music folder. I also get incorrect number of tracks when viewing playlists. They too show blank lines.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by hendrik on 08 Feb, 2012 06:06 PM

Hey..

White lines usually indicate that beaTunes is still loading the song data. Waiting a little should do the trick. Is beaTunes indicating that it's sync'ing at the same time?

If you'd like me to look at your logs, please send them (http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/where-are-the-beatunes-...).

Thanks,

-hendrik

3. 3 Posted by jasn on 09 Feb, 2012 08:20 AM

Thank you Hendrik. Still having trouble, if not even more so. No I am showing the correct number of tracks but not seeing them on the program. Please look at these logs to see if something is wrong.

jasn (Jim)

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 09 Feb, 2012 09:53 AM

Hi Jim,

Something appears to be wrong with your database.

Please select you Music folder in beaTunes and go to File -> Export and save it to some file. This is an attempt to save some metadata you might already have computed.

Then shutdown beaTunes and rename the folder C:\Users\jnash.NEPTUNE\AppData\Local\tagtraum industries\beaTunes\database to something else.
    Then start beaTunes. It will rebuild your internal beaTunes database. Unless you had checked embed non-iTuns fields in the beaTunes general prefs before analysis, things like key and color will be missing. You can attempt to re-import those from the XML file you save earlier, via File->Import - however this may or may not work well.

Please let me know, how this went.

Thanks,

-hendrik

PS: This probably happened, because you encountered an OutOfMemoryError back in Dec. You might want to check out http://www.beatunes.com/beatunes-outofmemoryerror.html to avoid this in the future.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac