Key

Justin Wakefield

07 Feb, 2012 01:37 PM

Hello, I have been using Beatunes for about a month now but have been having a few issues.. For some reason the key to comment plugin has been turned on but I have no idea how to actually get it to put my key info in the comment section. I would have preferred to leave the key info in the key section but unfortunately Traktor does not import the key when I access my itunes in Traktor.

Also, how can I embed the cover art so when I access my itunes library in traktor it shows?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 07 Feb, 2012 04:14 PM

Hi Justin,

the key to comment plugin is an analysis plugin. That means, when you select a song and then click Analyze, it will show up as one of the analysis options. Strictly speaking, it doesn't analyze anything. All it really does, is copying the key info to the comment field. So for the plugin to do any good, you need to do the regular analysis for keys and also the copying.

For Traktor to see any beaTunes key, you need to make sure that "embed non-iTunes fields into files" is turned on *before* you analyze anything. The setting is located in the beaTunes general preferences.

Regarding your last question - I'm no expert for Traktor. So I don't really know what it does.
    However, beaTunes has an inspection, that is capable of embedding cover art that you see in iTunes but is not embedded in the files. I'd try to use that inspection.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac