Migrate purchased copy of beaTunes from a Windows XP computer to a Windows 7

Steve Lang

27 Jan, 2012 07:10 PM

I have a Windows XP computer that is near the end of its life and has beaTunes2 (v.2.1.3) on it. I need to transfer this application to a new Windows 7 computer. How do I go about doing that so that it will continue to function?

1. 1 Posted by Steve Lang on 27 Jan, 2012 07:18 PM

I have a Windows XP computer that is near the end of its life and has beaTunes2 (v.2.1.3) on it. I need to transfer this application to a new Windows 7 computer. How do I go about doing that so that it will continue to function?

2. 2 Posted by Steve Lang on 27 Jan, 2012 09:27 PM

How do you get the same version installed on the new computer (that is on the old computer) without having to repurchase it?

3. 3 Posted by Steve Lang on 27 Jan, 2012 09:28 PM

I have the license key from my original purchase. Can I use that key after I install a trial version of beaTunes onto my new computer?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 28 Jan, 2012 10:18 AM

Hi Steve,

sorry for the late answer.

Yes, you can use the license key you own again. However, it will not work for beaTunes 3, but only for beaTunes 2. To get the latest beaTunes 2 version, please go to http://www.beatunes.com/beatunes-download-old.html

You might also want to take a look at http://help.beatunes.com/kb/backup-and-migration/moving-to-a-new-co...

Thanks,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac