Download and Beats Per Minute (BPM)

Gary Haigh

16 Jan, 2012 10:22 PM

Two problems: The first, I downloaded the trial package of Beatunes on my PC. At the end of the download, a window informing me that this was not a common/popular product and I was asked if I was sure I wanted to install the software. Is this common? Ive had a few problems with software downloaded from the net in the past and was a little shy on clicking the final botton.

Secondly, I don't need anything fancy, just BPM, I use a Windows 7 PC at home and take my music with me on an Ipod. Will Beatunes do the job?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 17 Jan, 2012 10:15 AM

Hi Gray,

beaTunes is certainly not a mass market software - the service it provides is a niche, as such it is probably not recognized by Windows. I guess that's why you see that message. That said, I have never seen it myself.

beaTunes can analyze your songs for BPM. Be sure to try the free trial before you purchase!

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by All Shook Up on 18 Jan, 2012 01:41 AM

I downloaded the Beatunes software and installed it.

A window appeared but with no prompts so I ran through the various list on the left of screen and answered the questions as they appeared and then, then, nothing. There are no prompts, no windows, no indication that anything what-so-ever is happening. There is no information anywhere that anything has or is happening.

What next? It just sits there.

Gary haigh

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 18 Jan, 2012 11:29 AM

I have a really hard time imagining what you see.
    Can you please send a screenshot?

Thanks,

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by All Shook Up on 18 Jan, 2012 10:03 PM

Hi Hendrick,

It appears to go through a process but then stops. There are no prompts, no windows to tell me what to do, nothing. Nothing appears in my Music files in Windows nor in my iTunes. Without a clear message as to what to do next, I was stuck.

I've decided to do the job manually. I did 500 songs in about eight hours yesterday. Only 2,500 to go.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Gary

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 19 Jan, 2012 10:36 AM

Hi Gary,

well, there should at least be a log file. http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/where-are-the-beatunes-... tells you where to find the logs and how to send them (whole folder, zipped).

If you are still interested in this, please send me the logs.

Thanks,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac