BEATUNES 3

ace1sg

29 Jun, 2011 12:49 AM

ever since i upgraded to 3 initialian takes forever & a day, then it always says it's locked. what a mistake upgrading & having to pay for it no less.

1. 1 Posted by ace1sg on 29 Jun, 2011 12:50 AM

INITIALIZATION

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by hendrik on 29 Jun, 2011 02:06 PM

When it says it´s locked, please don´t unlock it - that´s the default option.
    Then let it start and shut it down again.
    The next time you start it, does it still say it´s locked?

If it does, please send me your logs (http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/where-are-the-beatunes-...) - I would like to take a look at them when I'm back from vacation (4th July).

Thanks,

-hendrik

3. 3 Posted by ace1sg on 30 Jun, 2011 08:43 PM

here are the log files. i still can't open Beatunes

4. 4 Posted by ace1sg on 30 Jun, 2011 08:46 PM

i have tried to restart numerous times. it does not open at all. either get error message or says it's locked

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 04 Jul, 2011 03:18 PM

Hi Warren,

according to the logs there was an unclean shutdown 6/26/2011. This caused a database corruption. The easiest way to get beaTunes to run again, is to delete the database, by deleting /Users/warrenhartwick/Library/Application Support/beaTunes/Database/. Unfortunately, that will also delete all keys, colors, languages etc. that were not stored in the files themselves or in iTunes (checkbox in general preferences).

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac