My Color & Key values are gone!

Ulric

05 Jun, 2011 02:57 PM

Hi there,

I recently purchased the upgrade from Beatunes 2.1.9. to Beatunes 3.1.1. However, when I launched Version 3, I noticed that all of my colr & key values have disappeared...

While I could simply do a new analysis, considering that my library is about 14,500 songs, this would probably take a while....

Any idea as how to get those data back?

Thanks.

Ulric

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 05 Jun, 2011 03:08 PM

Hi Ulric,

sounds like the database schema update was interrupted or unsuccessful. Unless you backed up the database somehow, those values are unfortunately gone.

Sorry,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Ulric on 05 Jun, 2011 03:25 PM

Urgh!

not what i wanted to hear... also, I have tried to delete the old version of beatune, but then my license no longer work with ver. 3.0.... what can i do?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 05 Jun, 2011 03:56 PM

Hm.. another, more likely way you lost the colors etc. is that you are on windows and uninstalled the old version and accidentally allowed the uninstaller to delete that data...

I'm not sure I fully understand your license question.
    Your b3 license does not work when you delete b2?

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by Ulric on 05 Jun, 2011 03:59 PM

yes; that is it.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 05 Jun, 2011 05:33 PM

So you are trying to run b3 and that fails somehow. How does it fail?

-hendrik

6. 6 Posted by Ulric Nijs on 05 Jun, 2011 07:00 PM

Hi Hendrik,

Yes, if I remove b2, then b3 tells my that my license is nit valid, so I have to re-install b2, using my original b2 key; then b3 works fine... In other words, I have both b2 & b3 installed in my Mac.

I am assuming that this one of the potential reasons for some of the data loss and the 2.5 days if song analysis that are forthcoming...

What can I do to remove b2?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by hendrik on 05 Jun, 2011 08:29 PM

Hi Ulric,

first of all, b2 and b3 can't both work at the same time. If you installed and ran b2 after b3 that can cause the data loss, because the b2 database is gone at that point (transformed into the b3 format). So the b2 database is re-created and because it is brand-new can't contains color and keys anymore.

But that b3 only works with b2 installed is really really weird. Can you please get rid of b2, run b3, take a screenshot of the error and send me the logs? http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/where-are-the-beatunes-... tells you where to find the logs and how to send them.

Thanks,

-hendrik

8. 8 Posted by David Dell on 16 Jun, 2011 06:35 AM

Piggybacking on this, I lost a good chunk of my key and color fields, but not all of them. but I swear the database conversion ran to completion. I left it alone for a while, and then warning message had been taken down and Beatunes 3.0.2 was up and appeared to be happy. BTW, I haven't uninstalled prior versions yet, but I know not to delete the Database values. I did accidentally run B2 after B3 installed, but shut it down right away. Maybe that caused it, so please in future warn people who install B3 to uninstall B2 right away. Didn't see that in any of the warnings. Didn't run intentionally, but hit an old shortcut.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by hendrik on 16 Jun, 2011 08:02 AM

Hi David,

if you ran b2 after b3 that explains the data loss.
    And you are right, there should be a warning.

Sorry,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac