PUID error

montie23

27 Jan, 2011 07:55 PM

Having trouble with this feature, I get this message every time. Have enclosed error message and logs. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 28 Jan, 2011 08:12 AM

Hi,

thanks for sending the logs. It's a bug and I think I fixed it in the current snapshot.

http://www.beatunes.com/download/beaTunes-2-1-18-SNAPSHOT-osx.dmg

Does it work now?

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by montie23 on 28 Jan, 2011 11:07 AM

I'll let you know when I get home. It's 6am and just got to work. Thanks a lot. I am continually impressed by by the level of support that you have :)

Sent from my iPhone

3. 3 Posted by montie23 on 29 Jan, 2011 02:07 AM

App genpuid unexpectedly quit. must be getting close. what is the easiest way of telling that a puid has been found for a song or group of songs?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 30 Jan, 2011 04:02 PM

Actually looking at the logs.. Can you send me a fresh set?

Thanks,

-hendrik

5. 5 Posted by montie23 on 30 Jan, 2011 05:11 PM

Thanks Hendrik. Hope your having a good weekend.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 30 Jan, 2011 06:19 PM

Hey.. That looks like the database - not the logs.

http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/where-are-the-beatunes-... tells you where to find the logs.

Thanks!

7. 7 Posted by montie23 on 30 Jan, 2011 06:40 PM

Sorry about that.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by hendrik on 31 Jan, 2011 09:08 AM

No Problem.

Unfortunately the log is full of analysis output and I can't find messages from the "Submit Library to MusicIP" task. Did you try to submit the library to MusicIP?

For me to actually see the results, could you please pause the analysis queue, wait a little, then execute the Submit Library to MusicIP task (under tools), send me the logs and tell me if you saw anything special.

Thanks you!

-hendrik

9. 9 Posted by montie23 on 02 Feb, 2011 10:19 PM

seem to have a worse problem. Cant even open it now. I havent tryed to use it since I sent you those logs.

10. 10 Posted by montie23 on 03 Feb, 2011 03:43 AM

Opens fine now no fatal error. PUID search seems to be ok. Is there a way to tell which tracks have PUIDs and which don't? Should I just assume that all tracks with a key and color have them and the rest don't? Thank you yet again for all your help.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by hendrik on 03 Feb, 2011 01:32 PM

Hi,

when executing that obtain ids from MusicIP menu item (under tools), beaTunes only fetches PUIDs for songs that don't already have a PUID associated with them.

beaTunes 2 unfortunately has no way of showing you, whether a song has a PUID associated to it.

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• 1.jpg 24.2 KB
  • beaTunes.zip 4.48 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac