Duplicates in Itunes but not in Beatunes

parefr

12 Aug, 2010 09:05 PM

Hi, I used Beatunes to clean up my duplicates and delete then. It work well and delete a couple gigs on my hard drive. Then when I use the show duplicates option in Itunes I get a list of 6000 files, a lot of them have the same filename and same path with a 1 at the end of it:
Let It Be.mp3
Let It Be 1.mp3

When inspecting the library, they don't show up in the Beatunes' duplicates, any idea what is wrong?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 13 Aug, 2010 07:50 AM

Hi,

to detect more duplicates, please run the MusicIP Analysis task on your whole library. Configure it so that it only imports PUIDs, but does not change any data. Then run the duplicates inspection again and more songs should show up.

Please let me know how that worked.

Thanks,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by montepaulsen on 17 Oct, 2010 09:14 PM

I also am experiencing the duplicate phenomenon whereby iTunes has duplicated everything, adding a "1" at the end. Is there a way to find every file with a "1" at the end, and then get rid of it? I tried the option that keeps the file that was added first, thinking that the file with "1" must have come later, but it sometimes doesn't work that way.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 18 Oct, 2010 07:55 AM

Currently, beaTunes can only detect duplicates with different names, when the PUID is available and identical for both songs.

I hope to improve this behavior in the future.

4. 4 Posted by montepaulsen on 01 Jan, 2018 08:23 PM

Hendrik,
    You solved this problem for me back in 2010. Because I have about 500 Gigs, it isn't feasible to inspect each occurrence, so I need a batch solution. It worked at the time, after you tried about half a dozen fixes. But now I have it again. Possibly because I fixed only the files in my iTunes folder, and not in my source or backup folder. For some reason my itunes is now virgin, and I have to start from scratch to import files, and I'd like to fix the source files before doing so.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 02 Jan, 2018 08:27 AM

Montepaulsen,

You solved this problem for me back in 2010.

I believe I just revived the original discussion from 2010... Let's talk there.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac